I’ve been jogging all my life. Let me rephrase that… I used to jog when I was in my twenties, then I stopped. About a year ago I picked it up again, and I’ve been pretty consistent since.
Anyway, I love jogging. Let me rephrase that… I hate jogging. But I love how it makes me feel.
One of my problems with this sport was what to do with my brain while I run. Social media provided the solution. I think of Tweets and Facebook posts that pertain to jogging, but have a much broader application. I rephrase them in my mind until they fit within the 140 character Twitter limit. For example:
· What I learned jogging – The pain of the effort is forgotten when the euphoria of accomplishing the goal kicks in.
· What I learned jogging – If you just keep taking steps, you’ll get to your destination and your past gets further behind you.
· What I learned jogging – It’s a lot easier when you’re with somebody than when you’re alone. Isn’t all of life that way?
· What I learned jogging – Sometimes 3 miles seems easy and sometimes it seems hard… but it’s always 3 miles.
· Ran only two miles this morning. Lesson = One year’s “impossible” can be the next year’s “only”… (with a little work.)
· What I learned jogging — The first 2 minutes are the hardest.
· I jog slowly and just want to cross the finish line. Lesson = Realistic expectations & accomplishing the goal. That’s what it’s all about.
· What I learned jogging — Dreading the thought of how hard it’s going to be is much worse than actually getting up and doing it.
· Today I jogged like I want to live — Stronger on my last lap than on all those before it.
If you feel that these tidbits might benefit your life, become a Fan of the AdServices Facebook page, a Friend of my personal Facebook Page, or follow my personal account on Twitter. They all show up at each of those places eventually, along with other inspirational thoughts, marketing tips and more.
I can’t wait until the next time I get to rise before dawn, drag myself outside and sweat my way through the neighborhood. Let me rephrase that… I hope I’ll at least learn something.
Expecting great things,
My Personal Facebook: www.stevefales.com/facebook
My Personal Twitter: www.twitter.com/stevefales
AdServices’ Facebook: www.adservices.net/facebook